Slow and Steady - Inactive

I am tracking the development of Slow and Steady, the Eastern Long Neck (Chelodina longicollis) Australian Freshwater turtles. This blog started when they were just 5 months old.

Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." Gertrude Stein

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Shell problems


slowshell
Originally uploaded by GuOddian.
As you can see Slow is forming a small shell problem here. The problem is about to spread quickly over the shell causing some problems. I took them both to the Vet once the problem got worse, David wasn't sure but he prescribed them an iodine bath each day for a week and some vitamines added to their food to help boost their shell strength. I think there was something wrong with the first batch of fish I was feeding them, I've thrown it and replaced it since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home