Slow and Steady - Inactive

I am tracking the development of Slow and Steady, the Eastern Long Neck (Chelodina longicollis) Australian Freshwater turtles. This blog started when they were just 5 months old.

Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." Gertrude Stein

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Turtle Feeding is Messy


Bucket Turtle
Originally uploaded by GuOddian.
Well my camera is still shot so I'm posting an older photo. I feed them both out of the main tank in a 2 foot bucket show in the image. I feed them seperately from the because turtles are nutoriously messy eaters and they leave a lot of scrap food lying around. In the tank this would rot and pollute the water, in the seperate bucket it just gets tossed into the garden when they're done. It also gives me a chance to cycle the water and if it's during the day then I can put the bucket outside in the sun to give them their extra UV.

As an extra note, in this picture you can see the shell problem just starting to show itself. Just a slight discolouration and markings on the shell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home