Slow and Steady - Inactive

I am tracking the development of Slow and Steady, the Eastern Long Neck (Chelodina longicollis) Australian Freshwater turtles. This blog started when they were just 5 months old.

Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." Gertrude Stein

Sunday, March 27, 2005

A turtle in the hand is worth...


Turtle Hand Shell
Originally uploaded by GuOddian.
Here you can see Slow (I really don't like that name, but I'll think of something better later) in my hand and his shell problems close up. In the background is Steady. As you can see Steady is looking a lot better and Slow is slowly getting better as well. Shell problems aside they're both going very well.

They really like sitting in my hand, they think its feeding time every time my hand goes near them. They jump into my palm thinking they're about to be moved to their feeding bucket. Quite friendly when they're not trying to eat you really.

I'll try to post a picture of them feeding next time they're fed (tomorrow).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home