Slow and Steady - Inactive

I am tracking the development of Slow and Steady, the Eastern Long Neck (Chelodina longicollis) Australian Freshwater turtles. This blog started when they were just 5 months old.

Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." Gertrude Stein

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Shell steadily improving


P3270004
Originally uploaded by GuOddian.
Well here is steady at the bottom of the tank. You can see his shell is steadily improving and that makes me very happy.

On another note the idea to chill the crickets a little before feeding was fantastic, worked a treat. I tried to take some photos of the crickets being munched but it's very difficult to get a good one so I couldn't post any of them.

I also bought some fish for my small tank. I was breeding guppies to feed to the turtles but I've found they grow too slowly so I've given up on that and just feed them frozen freshwater fish when they get fish instead. So my small tank is now housing silversharks, algae eaters and catfish (all quite young) along with the guppies that will, once large enough so the turtles don't eat them, be moved to the large tank with the turtles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home